PabloEs

1st module is delayed yay!!

On 18/03/2017 at 10:27 PM, Woritmor said:

I searched for it and could't find anything regarding this. (maybe i just couldn't find it) But if there whould be any communication regarding the delay of the module there whouldn't be much threads about "when will the module be released" and "when do you think the module will be released". When it comes to releasedates, the community whould know it if there was any public announcement. (Because the people are hyped for a date)

The only thing i knew about was this :

MotownDiscord.thumb.png.f60dc5273ba6c9fe

But this is no official announcement for the delay. Regarding to this post many people just expected that the module will not be released in march. 

Well with the latest discussion in discord the module will be deleayed. But an official announcement is still pending and there was no public talk about it as you said (no offense against you, just my result) 

I knew about it aswell. If you want info about Indentity in video format, check out powergaming 7 and TheDynasty on YouTube. That's where I got told about the delay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mezdoo said:

soo that means release will be near mid / late 2018 if all goes well ?

Likely Q2 - Q3 2018 but could be as late as Q4 yes (This is my prediction)

40 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Likely Q2 - Q3 2018 but could be as late as Q4 yes (This is my prediction)

btw is that the team behind atlis life ?

15 hours ago, Jackabm said:

I knew about it aswell. If you want info about Indentity in video format, check out powergaming 7 and TheDynasty on YouTube. That's where I got told about the delay. 

So TheDynasty has the same Source for this information as everybody else here in the forums (Discord Screenshot). And they didn't had the infos before anybody posted it here. (Don't want to say there channel is bad but regarding to the topic here, the delay of the module, they didn't had the info earlier then this forums)

But this doesn't solve a big problem of the developers and the game: The bad communication about the game. I just watched TheDynasty's Video about the delay and first comment is that the game is scam :D (I got in detail about it i a post above) The people want official information like i already said. 

(And before anybody get this as hate post about identity i say it again: I tried to empathize with the other peoples thoughts. So please see this post as an well-intentioned advice to the developers and not as a flame post from myself. Thank you)

• Like 1

I've pledged, & I'm a big supporter of this concept, we've said before that Asylum have made many mistakes and yes, that's because they are new to all of this......BUT. There is a vast world of difference between being new and being amatuer, and I'm sorry but this is starting to look just like that, amatuer. Identity, while being the only kick starter I've pledged to, is not the only game I'm keeping my eye on. Games like War of Rights & Sea of Thieves make this look like small time Joe. Face facts, it's been kick started, we're long past that stage, and it's still not moved up to the next level and that's worrying.

I admire them for wanting to keep control, to remain true to their concept, I think everyone here does, but it looks to me that what is needed here is a firm cash investment, investors OTHER than Joe Public. I want Identity to become reality, of course I do, but the clock is ticking and they really need to be showing something other than 3D models by now.

41 minutes ago, Jinx said:

I've pledged, & I'm a big supporter of this concept, we've said before that Asylum have made many mistakes and yes, that's because they are new to all of this......BUT. There is a vast world of difference between being new and being amatuer, and I'm sorry but this is starting to look just like that, amatuer. Identity, while being the only kick starter I've pledged to, is not the only game I'm keeping my eye on. Games like War of Rights & Sea of Thieves make this look like small time Joe. Face facts, it's been kick started, we're long past that stage, and it's still not moved up to the next level and that's worrying.

I admire them for wanting to keep control, to remain true to their concept, I think everyone here does, but it looks to me that what is needed here is a firm cash investment, investors OTHER than Joe Public. I want Identity to become reality, of course I do, but the clock is ticking and they really need to be showing something other than 3D models by now.

They have currently got enough funds through pledges to remain in development till release apparently and if they need to they have investors on hold. They have the apartment customization video, have you not seen it?

• Like 2

On 19/03/2017 at 8:24 PM, mezdoo said:

I was talking about module 1 and why it is complex, module 2 should be the quickest as the devs said the gun mechanics was one of the first things they finished. The racing module will be complex because getting the car mechanics and physics etc right, also they could come into problems that are unforeseen!

Edit: forgot I answered your question. @mezdoo

@Jinx

I can say that, you want the game to release as much as me, but you want the devs to not stay true to their concept? That is what this post you just did looks like. I think that would be the worst thing for the game because the concept we see as perfect enough will change to unsatisfactory which in my book is way under what I want the game to be. I like the slow and steady development because the devs want the first impression to be perfect and not sloppy. We don't want a publisher rush them and cause it to be a "No Mans Sky" and I would never compare the two games.

I obviously have as much to lose as you and have waited as long as you but if we wait a bit longer it will come and yes we have waited over 2 years for a piece of the game and yet we have nothing of it. That is life of the game development process, a inevitable thing especially when the game only got started at the end of kickstarter and not before. If the game had been started getting developed before kickstarter then we would have it already to play 1 or maybe 2 modules but it was not.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

Posted my opinion on this kind of matter in my own thread so it gets abit more attention.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

We don't want a publisher rush them and cause it to be a "No Mans Sky" and I would never compare the two games

Okay well. you don't actually know that the publishers were responsible for No Mans Sky, from all I've seen it has a stunning lack of content & that's also reflected in all the reviews plus it's also why it took my kid less than a week to get bored with it. Maybe it's just because it's a boring game.

I do NOT want Asylum to give up on their vision, so don't put words into my mouth, at some point this game needs to get out of kick starter and into full fledged development where some actual progress is made BEYOND 3d models. Delays are inevitable, that's part and parcel of the industry now, but projects that began long after Identity did are entering Alpha & even beyond that. I've heard little and seen almost nothing, and we're still talking about the same things we were discussing twelve months ago, that's a lack of progress.

4 hours ago, Jinx said:

Okay well. you don't actually know that the publishers were responsible for No Mans Sky, from all I've seen it has a stunning lack of content & that's also reflected in all the reviews plus it's also why it took my kid less than a week to get bored with it. Maybe it's just because it's a boring game.

I do NOT want Asylum to give up on their vision, so don't put words into my mouth, at some point this game needs to get out of kick starter and into full fledged development where some actual progress is made BEYOND 3d models. Delays are inevitable, that's part and parcel of the industry now, but projects that began long after Identity did are entering Alpha & even beyond that. I've heard little and seen almost nothing, and we're still talking about the same things we were discussing twelve months ago, that's a lack of progress.

I didn't intend to imply that you wanted the concept ruined, but more that publishers will do when making deals. Identity has a extremely small team of 9 which is i think 4 full time devs and rest free lancers. The publishers were responsible for making a release date and setting a deadline which pushed the developers of no mans sky to release the game not even half finished. The publishers gave them more pressure and also then same with that community giving even more pressure which pushed the game out too quickly. You don't like we are getting very little to no progress shown other than a few 3D models but really, do you want them to push out the first module when they have not completed it to the standard they said it would be just to show that it is progressing?

the game may not be 3 years old, but its also older than 2 years and 2 months, this is off their kickstarter

Risks and challenges

We've invested a lot of our own money to get Identity off the ground but we're going to need your help to get all the way to the finish line.

Since we've put together enough content to give you an idea of what we can do and where Identity is heading, we've decided now is the time to shift into top gear. To do this we'll need a little more resources than we have already.

so when they started the kickstarter in Jan 5-2015 they had already been working on it to get some content out to the people ( so a good 3-4 months of work). so id say this game could be getting close to 3 years old

9 hours ago, Jinx said:

should probably do you research before making claims of  "lack of progress, only 3d models shown to us" etc.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, mezdoo said:

no I don't think the delay will push that far back the devs have been busy from what I heard flying around getting things done and its been flu season I wouldn't be surprised if they are just a lil sick if I had to guess it should be fine maybe a month or two later than there plan release date and hopefully the modules wont be delayed that long

On 22/03/2017 at 6:11 PM, Jinx said:

The reason they have delayed it is because thay are now having 1000 player servers. That means that everything is delayed because they have to remake the map and that means that some other things will be delayed because of it. 

On 3/18/2017 at 7:48 AM, Woritmor said:

Now the news will be spread cause of this thread, maybe later on Reddit and people again start to think "why didn't they officialy announce the delay and we had to find out because of rumors and another Discord Screenshot?"

The delay is true, although the reason that you're learning it here is that the announcement is scheduled to go out tomorrow. You've just gotten it a little earlier than planned. There's more information involved which you'll be getting details on. There's a lot of good stuff in the delay, too!

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The delay is true, although the reason that you're learning it here is that the announcement is scheduled to go out tomorrow. You've just gotten it a little earlier than planned. There's more information involved which you'll be getting details on. There's a lot of good stuff in the delay, too!

Nice to know it. Thanks for the info. As i said in my post: I tried to empathize with the other peoples thoughts and reflected what other people where saying here in the forums and on reddit for example. This doesn't reflect my oppinion :) I hop you didn't get it as "flame" post ;)

But nice to know that we are getting more infos tomorrow :)

Edited by Woritmor

How can I get involved with the discord servers, is it for certain people, or can anyone who loves Identity join

38 minutes ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

How can I get involved with the discord servers, is it for certain people, or can anyone who loves Identity join

https://discord.gg/nRhcU There you go, you have 30 mins before the link expires

nice to know cause my town square was stuck at 76% for a long time and I started to think that I've been scammed for $30

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 21_Gaming said:

nice to know cause my town square was stuck at 76% for a long time and I started to think that I've been scammed for $30

30 dollars isn't anywhere near as bad when people like me have pledged 500 dollars, yes it's down to each individuals choice however we have put much more of a commitment towards identity, not saying the delay is bad but it's irksome when i was looking forward to playing town square so whatever info we get had better be worth the delay as much as there's good reasons for it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Yup seen that 10 hours later lol

lol are you on now

On 3/18/2017 at 6:57 AM, Electriq said:

Well, to be honest I expected this. Not the first time Asylum are excusing themselves. Let's hope the wait will be worth it.

Agreed 

• Like 2